• Español

ADMISSION

Admisiones - Espol

HOW CAN I REGISTER IN ESPOL?

Entry into the Escuela Superior Politécnica del Litoral, ESPOL, is done through the National System of Leveling and Admission, SNNA. The process consists of four steps: registration, application for the National Higher Education Examination, ENES, application to the university, and leveling.

To be registered, the student should open an account on the SNNA web page, and take note of the date and place for taking the National Higher Education Exam.

 

ADMISSIONS 2014

In 2014 there were three leveling courses: Preparatory Leveling Second Term 2013; Preparatory Leveling First Semester 2014, and Intensive Leveling 2014. These courses were taken by a total of 5,448 candidates, with 39% passing, i.e. 2,118 of those signed up; while the remaining 61% failed (3,330 students). In addition, 91 students were able to enter through exemption exams.

In 2014 a total of 2,209 students were admitted.

In the admission process, ESPOL has planned a set of strategies with the multiple aim of:

  • Attracting the best high school graduates of Ecuador
  • Increasing the percentage of students in STEM subjects (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics)
  • Becoming more socially inclusive

ADMISSIONS BY AREA OF KNOWLEDGE

.
KNOWLEDGE AREA REGISTERED PASSED % PASSED
AGRICULTURE 151 54 36%
ART 119 96 81%
SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING 4780 1216 25%
COMMERCIAL EDUCATION 586 238 41%
HEALTH 93 48 52%
SERVICES 140 80 57%
TOTAL 5.869 1.732 30%
 

ADMISSIONS BY GENDER

GENDER REGISTERED PASSED
Women 2166 720
Men 3703 1012
TOTAL 5.869 1.732
.
 

ADMISSIONS BY TYPE OF SCHOOL

.
TYPE OF SCHOOL REGISTERED PASSED
State 2.216 514
Grant-Aided 384 122
Private 3.269 1.096
Total 5.869 1.732
 

STUDENT ADMISSIONS BY DEGREE SUBJECT

DEGREE COURSE REGISTERED PASSED %
MARINE BIOLOGY 175 34 19%
ECONOMICS WITH BUSINESS MANAGEMENT 267 120 45%
ENGINEERING IN ELECTRONICS AND TELECOMMUNICATIONS  352 118 34%
ENGINEERING IN ELECTRICITY SPECIALIAZING IN ELECTRONICS AND INDUSTRIAL AUTOMATION  197 51 26%
ENGINEERING IN ELECTRICITY SPECIALIAZING IN POWER 199 54 27%
MECHANICAL ENGINEERING 287 102 36%
ENGINEERING IN ADMINISTRATION OF INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTION 272 80 29%
AGRICULTURAL AND BIOLOGICAL ENGINEERING 247 30 12%
CIVIL ENGINEERING 237 97 41%
COMMERCIAL AND BUSINESS ENGINEERING 159 60 38%
MINING ENGINEERING  159 43 27%
PETROLEUM ENGINEERING 184 65 35%
ENGINEERING IN AQUACULTURE 151 54 36%
FOOD ENGINEERING 263 63 24%
ENGINEERING IN AUDITING AND AUTHORIZED PUBLIC ACCOUNTING 157 57 36%
ENGINEERING IN COMPUTER SCIENCE 400 98 25%
ENGINEERING IN COMPUTER STATISTICS 290 30 10%
GEOLOGICAL ENGINEERING 198 45 23%
ENGINEERING IN LOGISTICS AND TRANSPORT 284 65 23%
ENGINEERING IN INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS 3 1 33%
ENGINEERING IN TELEMATICS 262 63 24%
NAVAL ENGINEERING 193 46 24%
OCEANOGRAPHIC ENGINEERING AND ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES 184 41 22%
CHEMICAL ENGINEERING 262 82 31%
DEGREE IN NUTRITION 93 48 52%
DEGREE IN NETWORKS AND OPERATING SYSTEMS 111 6 5%
DEGREE IN INFORMATION SYSTEMS (EDCOM) 24 3 13%
DEGREE IN WEB DESIGN AND MULTIMEDIA PRODUCTION 5 3 60%
DEGREE IN GRAPHIC AND PUBLICITY DESIGN 57 42 74%
DEGREE IN DESIGN AND AUDIOVISUAL PRODUCTION 57 51 89%
DEGREE IN TOURISM 140 80 57%
Total 5869 1732 30%

 

-A A +A